If you are experiencing a dental emergency that cannot wait until our regular business hours, please call our answering service at (602) 787-3351. You will be directed to an on-call dentist.
Si usted tiene una emergencia dental que no puede esperar hasta que nuestras oficinas estan abiertas al público, por favor llame a nuestro servicio de contestador at (602)787-3351. Usted será dirijido al proveedor de turno.
The following family dental services are available for adults and children at either NATIVE HEALTH or NHW Community Health Center:
- Sealants for children
- Fluoride Varnish
- Root canals
- Crowns and partials
- Emergency dental services
Hours of Service
- NATIVE HEALTH and NHW Community Health Center's Dental Department accepts many private insurance plans. Please call each site for more information
- NATIVE HEALTH and NHW Community Health Center's Dental Department accepts American Indian Health Plan and all AHCCCS plans for children under the age of 21
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP) and Refugee Medical Assistance Program (RMAP) also accepted
NATIVE HEALTH and NHW Community Health Center serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Discounts for services are offered based on family size and income.
NATIVE HEALTH is a Patient Centered Medical and Dental Home that will work with you to make sure all the health care services you need are coordinated. You are the most important person on the health care team. Patient centered is a way of saying that you are the center of your health care medical home team.
Your Patient Centered Medical Home can:
- Help you manage your health care
- Help answer your health questions and listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts if necessaryCoordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care
- What can I expect as a patient?
- Care from a team of health care providers
- Care that gets you through an illness, gets you well and works to prevent future illnesses
- Care that respects your needs and personal values
- Care that includes you as a member of the your healthcare team, where you can talk about what you need and being in charge of your own care
- Care that is easy to schedule, appointments that work with your availability
- Care that is coordinated so you have all your items in one place
- Care that is integrated so that you can have access to all your physical and behavioral health needs
What can YOU do to help?
- Be an active team player. Talk with your team about your health questions. Share your past health care successes and challenges
- Tell your team about other health care professionals who care for you
- Take care of your health
- Talk openly with your team
- Follow the health care plan you and your team have talked about. Make sure you understand how to follow the plan. Set goals you can reach. Once you begin to see results, you and our team can discuss adding new goals.
- Tell your team if you are having trouble sticking with your care plan. Speak up if your care plan is not working. Tell your team what is not working so together you can make changes if needed.
What can YOU expect?
- At the Medical Home, you and your team will work together. As an active member of the team, you will have a chance to explain the things that are really important to you.
- Your team can answer questions and help you better understand your health care needs. If you need to get help from other doctors, your team can support you every step of the way.
- When you have concerns about your health, your medical home team will work with you to determine the best way to deal with them.
You and your team can work on:
- Care that is personalized or created just for you;
- Coordinating care with other health care providers
- Connecting you with your entire health care team
- Working with your team may improve the quality of your health care and shorten the time it takes to time it takes to get that care.
NATIVE HEALTH and NHW Community Health Center's Dental Department provides free fluoride varnish treatments to infants and young adults (0-17). Fluoride varnish is a protective coating that goes on teeth to help prevent cavities for three to four months. The fluoride varnish is a light, gooey substance that is applied using a small brush. It's an easy process and takes no time at all. This program is funded by Delta Dental Foundation of Arizona and Arizona Department of Health Services.
This service is also available at community events. If you would like fluoride varnish at your event please call (602) 279-5262 x 3111.